Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Differentiated Instruction for the Inclusive Classroom...

Tonight was the last night of my first graduate school class. I'm excited to be done but wish I didn't have to wait so long (this fall) to take another class. I LOVE learning, especially about something I am passionate about and interested in. When people would ask me how my class was going I would say I love the class but hate the work. Lol. It's true. I loved going to class and having discussions about inclusion and other issues in special education, but boy did I hate the work. We had so many projects/papers/observations ect due, not to mention the reading. I dreaded Sunday because that was the only day I had to do my reading. (I know Sunday isn't the ideal day to do homework, but that's the way it worked out.) Mike would be sleeping in bed next to me and I would be so bitter that I couldn't sleep too.

I remember in high school we had to do a 5-8 page (double spaced) research paper. We had several months to do it in and lots of due dates to insure we didn't wait till the last minute to do it. I stressed about it so much how will I ever be able to write that much? But I did it. Then for my advanced college writing class I had to write a 10 page (double spaced( research paper. Again I had all semester, lots of stress and long nights. But I did it. Now in my grad class I had to do an observation with a detailed analysis, no page requirement but had to be single spaced (double spaced is a thing of my past apparently.) I spent forever on it and it was 10 pages single spaced. That equals 20 pages double spaced! My 17 year old self was super impressed... And so was my professor, I got 100/100 on it! I also got perfect scores on all my other assignments. Not to bad! It's the first class I have ever aced.

I put in a lot of hard work and effort and it all paid off. Let this be a lesson to my future children. You can do things you think you can't. You get out of school what you put in. Learning is a life long process, never stop perusing your education in one way or another!

I'm very grateful for this chance I have to take these classes and purse higher education.

(also this is my first blog post from my iPhone. I feel kind of cool!)

No comments:

Post a Comment