Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Squirrelly Surprise!

This is the week. Mike's test and my fundraiser are in just 4 short days. As you can imagine I'm going nuts. I'm so stressed out I could just cry, all day long. I know I'm a baby. I've been told numerous times "Don't stress about this." Obviously they don't know me very well. Plus how can I not stress knowing the financial fate of our YW going to Girls camp lays in my hands. ANYWAYS, I'm tired, cranky and stressed. Not a good combo. I needed a good laugh.

Well I got it. I was taking out the trash to our big dumpster today. When I opened it... A MASSIVE SQUIRREL lunged out at me, jumped over my head and scampered away. I screamed so loud that my neighbor ran out of her apartment saying "Are you Ok? What happened?" By this time I realized what had happened and was dying laughing ashamed of my reaction.

I laughed at myself for a good five minutes. I don't think I've ever needed a laugh like that more.

"Just keep going. You can do hard things. It's almost over. 2 more weeks till freedom!" This is my current mantra!

If you live in CT come to my fundraiser. We have some freaking sweet auction items! A hair cut at Warren Tricomi by Edward Tricomi (valued at $350), a condo in Park City for a week in summer and winter, Jewelry but an amazing designer, a private tour of the New York Stock Exchange, guided tour of the MET museum, traditional japanese dinner for 8 and SOOOO much more!! COME, COME, COME!!

3 comments:

  1. Ha! That is a priceless story! Honestly, I would have loved to have seen that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes it's things like that that really make us feel better. :)

    And if we lived close to you guys, I'd totally go to that auction! That stuff sounds awesome! And I could totally use a haircut. I can't afford to get one unless it's free, and I haven't had it cut in over a year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow... EDWARD FREAKING TRICOMI!?!??!?!?!?!?!

    I hate you a little... :-) I wish I could be there and I wish I could win that particular auction item.

    Also, your squirrel story made my life. My speech teacher in high school would have literally died of a heart attack... She's DEATHLY afraid of squirrels. I've never even heard of someone being as afraid as she is. One time, she made a student leave her classroom because he was wearing a t-shirt with a picture of a squirrel on it. And so he gave her a stuffed toy squirrel for Christmas. :-) Good thing she liked him... lol! She wasn't pleased with her "gift".

    ReplyDelete