Thursday, August 26, 2010

We're going to a little place called Aspen.....


While we were in Utah we had a family reunion with all of Mikes siblings and their families. It was a lot of fun and the perfect place for our family to get together. They had a lot of fun activities for the adults and child care for the little ones. We having so much fun I hardly took any pictures!
One morning we got to go paint-balling which was a lot of fun. It was my first time and I was really nervous about how much it might hurt if I got hit with one. The first game we played I wasn't sure what I was doing and snuck out of my hiding place to see what was going on... and I got nailed right on the collar bone. It hurt so bad and really scared me. I run back into hiding and I just cried the rest of the game. It was just a lot of emotion going on at once. lol. The next game went a lot better :)
We played with some of Mikes family members and it was just a blast.
Mike really got into it and captured the flag 3 of the 4 times he played.
He was pretty sweaty and gross afterwards.
There was a lot of time to play with the adorable nieces and nephews. I think the kids really had a lot of fun.
One day we were able to do a ropes course. I was a little nervous about being able to complete it but it was pretty easy once I got going.
We had to crawl up this long log with slits in it then transfer ourself over to the rock wall. As you can see there aren't many pegs so it was a little tricky but fun. Then we walked a tight ropes course which was a little harder then I thought. You had to use the strength in your forearms and that was harder for me. After we were done we repelled down which is fun... AFTER you take the first initial jump backwards.
There was a lot of horseshoes played. The boys in this family are so completive and it makes for really entertaining show downs. There was also a lot of ping pong, badminton, volleyball, basketball, softball, tennis, frisbee golf and golf simulator games that were played during the day when the kiddies were away. At night there was 31 (for nickels,) black jack (for skittles), acquire, scrabble, settlers of Catan, apples or apples and many more games. It was just a lot of fun!
On the last night we were there we were told there was a meteor shower. So we took our mattresses out on the tennis court and watched all the shooting stars. It was really cool. Kind of romantic too. I've never seen so many shooting stars and they had the longest brightest tails. It was just a really cool experience. Later that night though was not as perfect. Mike woke up sick, sick, sick. It was pretty bad all night. We found out the next morning some of the kids were up sick all night to. Over the next few days we all got a little sick to different extents. It kind of ruined some of our plans but we were able to work it all out. I think we all got food poisoning.
Once Mike had recovered we headed to Rexburg, Id where we went to school. We dropped of all of sister Becca's wedding gifts then toured Campus. It has changed so much. We couldn't believe it. It was hard to believe. I got a little emotional. As much as I hated the winters there were a lot of good memories and I miss it!
The most awesome part of the trip was my small roommate reunion. I got to have dinner with some of my best friends from college. Abby and her husband Michael hosted the dinner at their house. They have two little kids Lilimae and Lincoln. I'd never meet them before. Then Stephanie, who is still in school at BYU-I, came over. It was good to catch up with her! Jessica and he husband Chris came as well. Their little Ruby was there and she is a hoot. Jess is pregnant with another little girl and due in November I think. It was just a lot of fun to visit with these ladies. I really miss them all so it was a great time to catch up. To the rest of my roommates that live far away I miss you all too and we will have a 204 reunion sometime in the next few years! I love you girls.

4 comments:

  1. I had a family reunion at Aspen Grove when I was little (like 4 years old). I'm sure it's changed some...

    ReplyDelete
  2. And... I'm totally up for a 204 reunion! It's been too long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't Aspen Grove the best :) So proud of you guys for retrieving the note, but I'm wondering where your victory pictures from the top of Timp are?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Lizzy. Kristin posted pics of the hike 2 posts below this one

    ReplyDelete