Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Two wonderful years


Yesterday Mike and I celebrates our two year wedding anniversary. I feel like it was just yesterday that we got married, but ages ago that we started our life together. At any rate it has been a wonderful two years full of excitement, adventure and romance.

Mike has been really busy at work the past few days so I took over the anniversary preparations this year. I think I came up with a few cool ideas (that I have to admit I stole from one of my favorite blogs, Love Actually) This what what the house looked like when he came home from work.

Candles, cut out hearts and the rose petals he used for our proposal.
Leading to our "romantic" dinner table
Candles and rose petals on the bar for extra light

For dinner I made Mikes favorite meal. Chicken parmesan and sautéed broccoli (and of course we had a Martinelli.)
After dinner I had Mike look under his dinner plate where he found this note: A secret mission to find a treasure...
He found his first clue inside my phone, then he went to the living room lamp, spice rack, bathroom clock, key holder, inside a pair of heels, and finally the prize was found in the oven.
(The clues he was given)
(The prize)
He's been wanting Scrabble forever (I guess now I have to play with him.)
Then I wrote 52 different memories we've made in our time together on a deck of cards. He really liked this. I think these are they types of gifts that we cherish forever. It was $1.50 for the deck of cards, and about 2 hours thinking of and writing my favorite memories and now we'll have this little treasure forever.
Mike wrote me a really sweet poem and put it with a picture of us. It was really sweet (as usual) and I loved it.
(Don't mind our creepy smiles)
After all that I still has one more labor of love to share. I made Mike a cake, but not just any cake. I found a recipe for cool whip frosting (he has been longing for this type of frosting.) It was a chocolate cake with vanilla cool whip frosting... very, very yummy. Any one close is welcome to come and have a piece or two... we're not sure how we are going to eat it all- and it's just to good to throw away!
All in all I think it was a wonderful night. He even kind of watch (feel asleep watching) a cheesy chick flick with me. I couldn't ask for more.

I sure did luck out when I got Mike as an Eternal Companion.

3 comments:

  1. happy two years!! isn't it fun that we have the same anniversary?? :) looks like you guys had an AMAZING day! i need to follow your example and be a little more romantic haha love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two are so cute together! Happy 2-Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy two years Kristin and Mike! Loved your post. So cute and romantic!!

    ReplyDelete