Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Picnic in the Park


A few Saturdays ago (like a month back) Mike and I went to the Manhattan temple to do a session then had enjoyed the afternoon in Central Park. I don't think there is any other park that compares with this one. The energy of the city it is in the middle of is translated into this peaceful sanctuary in some parts. Yet other parks of the park are filled with the excitement of ball games, lawn games, performers, bikers and runners. It is just amazing.

We brought stuff from home and made ourselves sandwiches for lunch with some fruit for dessert. The animals in the park aren't scared of anyone and really wanted us to share our lunch with them.
And of course Mike did. It amazes me how much this guy enjoys feeding wild life.
After lunch we walked around the park. We climbed on the rocks and acted like little kids.
We saw a family of turtles hanging on this log. I don't think I'd seen so something like that before.
And of course we feed the ducks (even though when we left the park we saw a sign that said "Please don't feed the wild life." OPPS! Mike likes it way to much.
Later that evening we went to Josh and Colleen F house for a Lula party. It was a lot of fun. Colleen really knows how to through a party. The food was all Hawaiian Lula related and the company was wonderful (especially since I hadn't seen anyone in a month due to my vacation.)
Of course we had to dress up in theme appropriate attire. I was so excited when I found a cheap coconut bra at party city. I wore it proudly (only because I had a shirt on under it.) Mike looked pretty good to with his straw hat, lay and open button up shirt.
Lindsey and K were there hanging with Jared's date from last year. This was one of their last social events before moving. We already miss them a ton!
Needless to say it was a great day! The temple, together time in an awesome park, good food and fantastic friends... I'm not ready for the summer to be over!

No comments:

Post a Comment