Sunday, June 6, 2010

"Bun in the Oven"


This Saturday my good friend Cynda and I through a baby shower for our dear friend Lindsey. Cynda and I moved into the ward the same week in 2008. Lindsey and Jared Stokes kind of "took us under their wings." We've been a pretty solid group every since (of course we've had other really awesome friends move in as well and some leave us too :( But both Mike and I credit our immediate love for our new life in Connecticut to these guys who really are like family now. Unfortunately for us the Stokes are moving back west this summer. They have an adorable little girl who we all love and are expecting their second just a few weeks after they move cross country. We really wanted to have a shower for Lindsey especially since they are moving soon. We had a lot of help with the food and it ended up being a really relaxing girls brunch/shower.
Linds and I
We played a cool candy bar game at the shower. I thought it was a lot of fun.
I had "You are Special" for everyone to sign. I haven't read it in forever but when I picked it up and read it at Borders I was bawling in the isle.
Cynda made this cute diaper cake
The brunch table
Our theme for the shower was "Bun in the Oven" so we had cinnamon buns, a fruit platter and an two different egg souffles.
For favors we put muffin mix in these bags and put a label with a cute poem about the "bun in the oven" on them... I thought it was clever.
Opening some cute gifts
Cute Homemade blanket from Megan

Some of the girls we were able to catch for a group picture.

Congratulations on your new arrival Stokes Family :) We look forward to seeing pictures of baby Tucker/Lincoln

2 comments:

  1. Looks like so much fun, I'm sorry I had to miss it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cute ideas! Very nice job!

    Bless her heart for moving across the country right before the baby comes! Hope all goes well for them.

    ReplyDelete