Thursday, August 27, 2009

I see London, I see France....

For years I have dreamed of visiting Europe. I was lucky enough to be able to go with my high school choir the year after I graduated. Our trip consisted of Germany, Austria, Switzerland and a portion of southeaster France. As beautiful and majestic as these cities were it only made my desire to return to europe even stronger. But the next time I go it has to be to London, 

London...
 
Paris
Barcelona
(this city is more to give mike a stronger desire to go. My true 3rd destination would be Rome.) Anyways I know right know with the bad economy flights to europe are very cheap. Especially from JFK to London. Anyone who knows me well also knows that I love to look for value hotels, flights vacation and find awesome deals (thats how we got out disney vacation.) So I found the perfect flight over spring break that would cost us $540 each so ($1,080 total.) Not to bad at all, considering thats pretty close to what it will cost to fly to Utah for Christmas (OUCH!). Then I found some great hotels on priceline I could negotiate down to $100 a night.) So now I'm dying to go. the problem is that with just hotels and flight its $2,000... thats doesn't count transportation and entrance fees to the sights... so like $4,000 total with all that. Which is a lot of....
So my question is. How can I make a few extra thousand in 6 months? I already work full time. There are no plasma centers around her. (Although there are egg donation place, which I HAVE ruled completely out of the question, but $8,000 to miss a period sounds enticing at first, right? lol.) So what skills do I have...  UHH..... I CAN.... HUM... yeah thats about it. So what can I do? I've heard of online surveys and stuff but I feel like thats all a joke. So my day has consisted of a long and hard though process on how to earn a massive amount of money in 6 months. lol. If you have ANY ideas... that do not require me to sell portions of my body... let me know. lol.

Anyways its back to eurovaction.com to dream a little more ;)

3 comments:

  1. Keep looking for deals. My aunt found this deal when I was a senior in HS which included round trip airfare to london, hotel stay, breakfast every day and a mini cruise on the river thru London....anyways the total price for everyone was $400 each!!!! I'll have to ask her where she found it cause she always finds deals. And Matt and I are in your same boat. We are planning to go to Hawaii in April and we have to save $2000....which isn't as bad but still. I just start a little saving program where I'll put $100 away each week...or however much you will need. Try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the perfect solution. Cruise the mediterranian! It is a MUCH cheaper solution because: Your meals are paid for, your room is paid for, and you don't have to worry about how to get country to country! I'm serious..its the only way to go. You would get to see all those places! The only downside is you may only get to go to a country for a day..but its a great way to get a taste of the country to see where you might actually want to go back to! We got to go to Barcelona, Rome, Athens, Turkey, Egpyt and Malta..a 12 day cruise and it ended up being less than $50 a day for each of us..you can't beat that! Excursions cost extra..but its nice going on thise because they take you to and from the exhibits and you don't have to worry about anything. Look into it and talk to me if you want more details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS there are plenty of cruises that start in London and end in NYC..that would make it even cheaper!!

    ReplyDelete