Monday, August 24, 2009

A year ago yesterday

Yesterday Mike and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary! It is so hard to believe how quickly time has gone by. I can remember the events of our wedding so clearly, it can't have already have been a year. But it has been, and its been wonderful. We've been so blessed this past year. Lets do a quick recap:

-Visited my family for Thanksgiving, Christmas and my Brothers endowments
-Got our first pet, Epps.
-I completed my final year of school online
-Went on trips to Boston, Salem,Mystic and Newport
-Mastered NYC and its subway system (well almost ;)
-Seen 4 shows on Broadway
-Have my parents/sister, mikes parents/ Aunt and cousin's visit us.
-Visited Utah for New Years
-Experienced the death of a loved one
-Made great life long friends
-I learned about/how to follow the stock market
-Went on our First Disney Vacation
-Feel deeper in love than the year before.

So for our anniversary Mikes gift to me was his time. A precious commodity these days. He planned out what we were going to have for dinner (my least favorite thing to do,) did the shopping, made the dinner (he wouldn't even let me into the kitchen to attempt to help,) then cleaned up everything after. It was fantastic. I felt kinda lame because I just got him some wii accessories I thought he'd like. Since my mom pitched the top layer of our wedding cake we bough a fresh red velvet/cream cheese cake (what our top layer was.) That evening I made cupcakes and some of our friends came over to help us celebrate. It was a great day! Now it is time to reminisce a bit with some of my favorite wedding pictures!
Mike making dinner!
Mexican stake tacos... sooo good!
My First love and my Last love
Family
Besties
My grandpa the sealer!
Flowers
Lovely looks
Desserts GALOR!
Place settings
Our grand entry
The head table
My beautiful wedding cake that I DESIGNED!
My taste wedding cake all over... Mike and a little on me!
First dance kiss
Daddy Daughter dance (Butterfly kisses, our song since it came out in '97)
Mother son dance!
My sister Lizzy and her new big brother
Pep talk!!

Our chaperone for the evening!


How quickly time flying in the presence of love and laughter!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Anni! Do you remember when you were first married and how you felt like people who had been married for over a year had been married FOREVER?!?!?! Now you are one of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on making it through your first year! It only gets better!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your wedding was beautiful! You guys make such a great couple. And it's true, it only gets better after the first year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the wedding pics! Happy Anniversary a little late!

    Thanks for the comment on our Bring It post. It was much appreciated. Now that I know you're a blogger I will try to take a peek now and then. That is if I ever have any time to blog anymore thanks to P90X.

    ReplyDelete