Friday, November 22, 2013

My Book Themed Baby Shower



I have fabulous friends!! They threw me a beautiful book themed baby shower last weekend. From the beautiful handmade invitations, gorgeous decorations and delicious food I couldn’t have been more spoiled. I have a HUGE collection of children’s books. Some people collect stamps, (do people really still do that?) but I collect children’s books. I guess it’s the elementary teacher in me. So it was easy to decide what the theme of my baby shower would be. All the food was carefully coordinated to go along with a book and some of my favorites, including my own “self published” work, were on display. I was so pleased to see that so many of my friends were able to make it, including two of my coworkers whom I adore.  I received some of the most darling, feminine little outfits that I’m dying to dress this little lady in. I also was given lots of great advice. I couldn’t imagine a shower that was more perfect for me. I am a blessed woman to have so many wonderful people in my life. 

The shower followed the same itinerary as many I’ve been to before. My guests trickled in and mingled for the first 30 min, then we enjoyed an early lunch and more socializing. After 30-45 min we gathered to go over the questions to the shower game. We played “Who knows Mom the Best.” It was all questions about me and my pregnancy. I have to admit it was pretty hard but I was surprised to see who knew the answers to what. (I’ve included the questions and answers at the bottom of the post.) After the game I opened gifts and ow’ed and aw’ed over all the generous and thoughtful things people had given me. It was so fun to be surrounded by so many people I love.  It was absolutely perfect! Thank you Amanda, Ashley, Corinne, Louise and Megan for all the time and effort you put into making this even so special. I’m so very blessed.



































What is your birthday? June 27th, 1987
What was your height and weight at birth? 7 lbs. 11oz and 21 inches
What was your first word? Mom, but that’s a guess. My mom doesn’t remember.
Where did you grow up? Columbus, Ohio
What was your favorite childhood book? Any of the Bernstein Bear Books
Where did you and your husband meet? Rexburg Temple Open House
How long were you together before you conceived? Married for 4 years and 8 Months
Who was the first person you told you were pregnant? Mike’s sister Camille who was also expecting.
How did you tell Mike you were expecting? In a customized fortune cookie at P.F. Changs, he thought it was a joke and didn’t believe me.
When id baby girl Jenson due? January 17th, 2014
What's the theme of your nursery (or colors)? Soft pink and gray with a light teal accent
What's been your biggest food craving during pregnancy? Probably Peanut Butter, nothing else consistently
What do you like best about being pregnant? Feeling/watching the baby move
What do you like least about being pregnant? Water retention and heartburn
How many kids do you think you want total? Playing it by ear, between 4 and 6



No comments:

Post a Comment