Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Weekend on the Jersey Shore


A few weekends ago we headed down to Long Beach Island, NJ for the weekend. It was one of my all time favorite weekend getaways EVER!!! For several reasons


1.) Beautiful beach house with plenty of space for everyone.

 2.) The house was a 3 minute walk from a beautiful beach
 

 3.) We were able to cuddle on the beach
 
 4.) We got to soak up plenty of rays, while talking and laughing about everything!
 

 

5.) Sand castle were built and people were buried.
 

 

 




6.) Photo shoots by the ocean
 

 


 7.) SOO much delicious food!







 8.) Late night games and delieria

 9.) Meals on the roof top deck




10.) Plenty of time to relax 

11.) The sighting of this beautiful "rainbow cloud (aka- circumhorisontal arch.)  



 We left for the shore on Friday night at MIDNIGHT! The YM fundraiser was that night so we had to stay around a lot later than we thought. The car trip down was pretty funny as all 4 of us were exhausted but we knew we needed to stay awake to get there safe. We even made a 2am trip to Wendys, it's been a long, long time since we have done something like that.

We got to the house and crashed. The house was beautiful and we all had our own room, which was nice. We thought we had rented another house that looked much different, and a lot less classy than this one. When the Jensen's got there (hours before we even left) they questioned if it was really the right house. After a few minutes reviewing email correspondence with the landlord they concluded ithad to be the right place. But all weekend the running joke was that someone was going to walk in and demand to know what we were doing in their beach home. Luckily that never happened.

Saturday morning I was so excited to be at the beach house that I only slept till 7:30. I went up to the roof top deck, did my nails, listened to music and called my mom all while watching the ocean. Once everyone else got up we went to breakfast at the number one place on trip advisor. After breakfast we changed right into our swimsuits and hit the beach. We spent all afternoon on the beach having so much fun.

We had planned to go out to dinner but when we saw we had a grill, and a roof top deck it was almost a no brainier to  go get some food to grill for dinner. Plus we had Ben there offering to cook for us. He is hands down one of the best cooks I've ever known so naturally we let him take over the preparation and grilling of the meat-- which turned out to be a great decision on our part.

After a delicious dinner of three different types of stake, chicken, bread, corn on the cob, veggie kabobs, and the best garlic mashed potatoes ever we played games and stayed up talking. Well some people did, some of us were to tired to do anything but go to bed. Unfortunately I was one of the lame ones who went to bed and missed all the fun and games.

Sunday morning I made breakfast and it was pretty dang good to if I do say so myself. Peach overnight french toast, quiche, fruit and whip cream. It was my mothers day gift to Camille :) 

After breakfast I spent another 5 hours on the beach. I know it is not the most reverent sunday activity ever but I did say my prayers while laying on the beach. I was praying that I would never have to leave ...

Unfortunately, reality struck and we had to say goodbye to our weekend paradise. But you better believe we will go back there again. What a great weekend. I couldn't think of a better place or company to spend a weekend with.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment