Sunday, July 10, 2011

Lobster Dinner

At the end of every school year the school I work for hosts an end of school year lobster dinner for the faculty. It is held a private beach club right on the water. If you like sea food then the food is fabulous and the ambiance enchanting. Mike and I aren't the biggest sea food fans but gave it a whirl. Mike was brave and tried the lobster whole. He had to have some help as to how to crack it open and eat it. I think he enjoyed the first few bites but could have stopped there. I had a bite and hated it. It wasn't so much the taste but the texture of the lobster I didn't care for.
After the dinner there was dancing. It was actually pretty fun. I don't get to dance very often. So anytime I get a chance, I take it. Unfortunately Mike is not a dancer so we didn't stay to much longer but it was till fun. I am lucky to work at a school who values it's employees. It was a fabulous evening and I look forward to next years event.

3 comments:

  1. Eh... I'm with you on the lobster! I wanted to try it so bad (b/c I love sea food) on our honeymoon. So we went to this super expensive/ fancy resturant & I got lobster... I HATED IT! Joel tried to switch w/ me but his food was too spicy for me. Needless to say, we spent a good chunk of money there & Joel ate it all. I had to get fast food & an ice cream later. haha!

    The texture is what threw me off too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear you are with me on the lobster Britters...you guys likin the Ohio life? My bro and sis live in TX now that he is done with dental school and they miss the OHIO

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...and its not the part of TX you are from, they live in northwest tx near canyon

    ReplyDelete