Tuesday, September 29, 2009

60 seconds of pandemonium.

So on Sunday I was sitting in Sunday school. We were all prepared to be spiritually feed. The prayer had been said, the teacher was concluding his object lesson when I hear the tune to Nelly's "No matter what I do" going off as someone's ring tone. I quickly start looking around to see who had done the unthinkable and not turned off their cell phone. Obviously it was not my phone the ring tone was not mine and I would NEVER leave my phone on during church. As I hear the phone continue to ring I notice there is something familiar about the ring. I think perhaps it is my friend Lindsey's phone, I was sitting by her and maybe thats why it was familiar. I look to my left where she is comfortably seated looking around for he noise just as I. At this point I feel like the whole room is looking over to my corner demanding an answer to the mystery of the ringing phone. It is at this point I conclude the noise is coming from underneath my chair. I look to see only my gargantuan purse beneath my seat. At this point I realize I have the girl I nanny for phone in my bag. I quickly grab the bag and plunge my hands down into its depths frantically searching for the still ringing phone. When I finally maneuver well enough around the lip glosses, receipts, pens and nail file I unearth the phone that is still ringing. I quickly start running my fingers across the keypad looking for every and anyway to silence the phone. The screen flashes "locked" and my attempts are in vain. Then I have a brilliant idea, take out the battery. I whip the phone over, ferociously slide the back-panel off the phone and rip out the heart of the finally silenced phone. It was over. I had won. Or had I? The phone did go off for about 60 seconds. I slumped down into my seat with a bashful grin as I watched the burning eyes of the crowd slowly remove themselves from me. I then concluded 1) to get a small purse and 2) no more phones at church for me.

4 comments:

  1. Oh man! This is so funny yet I know just how you feel. I had the same experience, except it was in sacrament meeting in my parent's ward. I NEVER ever have my phone with me at church plus it's always on vibrate anyway. Well this time it wasn't. And we weren't even singing. But I knew it was my phone. And I it just got louder and louder as I pulled it our of my purse. Awkward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No matter what I do (oh) All I think about is you (oh)....haha, I will forever love that song!!!!

    Sidenote...I was just reading the about us section of your blog. It says " In our spare time Mike and I love to make each other laugh"...the first time I read it I thought it said "in our spare time Mike and I make love to each other"- just about peed my pants : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. kristin! oh my goodness, how are you guys doing?? i found your blog off of kate lowe's, and i just had to say hi to our rexburg/cruise buddies :) you both look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did I miss that?! So hilarious!

    ReplyDelete