Saturday, December 7, 2013

Pregnancy Update: Weeks 28-33


                   
                 


How far along: 34 weeks and 2 days
Total weight gain: 45 lbs (but most of that has come in the past two-three weeks due to water retention and swelling caused by my gestational hypertension.)
Maternity clothes loving my striped shirts from old navy, my gap maternity black pants and any oversized t-shirts of Mikes that
doesn't hug my belly. My feet only fit in my moccasins because they are so swollen.
Stretch marks: Nope, not yet. Fingers crossed :)

Sleep: Most of the time I sleep very soundly. I'm not even using a huge fort of pillows to prop myself up or support myself like I thought I would. I can usually fall back asleep pretty quick after one of my many trips tot he restroom each night. 
Best moment of this week: Mike and I had a 3D ultra sound and got to see Baby Girls squishy little face. When we first started looking she had her eyes open which was just crazy! Then she shut her eyes and put both hands infront of her face and started sucking on one of them. This made getting a good picture of her face tricky but the tech got one I was pleased with. I know she won't look exactly like that when she gets here but I'm so excited to put some type of picture to the bouncing ball of energy in my belly. She looks like she has cubby cheeks and I can't wait to kiss them all over.
Miss anything: I miss not having to worry about my blood pressure and as of this week I miss going to the gym since that is officially off they able. I loved going to the gym and feeling like I was getting a good work out. I also loved the funny looks I was starting to get when I was there. People would do a double take of me to see if I wash at or pregnant, some would even laugh and shake their heads. It made me feel good to know I was pushing my body and preparing it to have the endurance needed for delivery.
Movement: As I mentioned, all the time. She finally moved it, but for a while her foot was in my right rib cage which was really uncomfortable, especially after eating. This made Thanksgivng dinner even that much harder to recover from. My stomach didn't have much rooms to put the large meal and her foot in my rib made it harder to breath to help digest everything, or something like that.
Food cravings: hum, I still live peanut butter on banana but don't HAVE to have it. I get random foods I want for dinner but once I eat them the craving is sustained and I don't have to continue eating it all the time. For example the other day I really wanted roast asparagus so I made some for dinner and they were delicious but I didn't have to have them the next meal. I really LOVE cold, crunchy, semi-sweet cereal with milk. Peppermint joe jokes are delicious but that's a seasonal craving I think.
Anything making you queasy or sick: My high blood pressure is not good and can make me very sick very fasts but I don't FEEL sick, so that's good.
Have you started to show yet: yes
Gender: Still a girl
Labor signs:  Just some friendly and frequent Braxton hicks contractions but they aren't painful so I'm happy.
Belly button in or out: Well it's not really in, but it hasn't popped out. It is just part of my round belly.
 Wedding rings on or off: off :( my fingers are way to swollen, especially at night.
Looking forward to: Having her here and snuggling with her. 





33 Weeks
My walk lately is just a walk. I still got it... ok, maybe sometimes I waddle, but mostly I walk :)
The time I feel most connected to this baby is when she is making wave upon wave in my belly. There is nothing I love more than watching my belly move all around and feeling her move inside.
I keep daydreaming about what she will look like: whose nose she will have, will she have any hair, ect. 
The first thing I will do when I meet this baby is kiss her all over and count all her fingers and toes. But I have to admit that moment doesn't feel real. I can't imagine actually holding her. It all just seems like a dream.
Baby, I hope the way you handle yourself in the world one day will be mostly with confidence in yourself, your talents, you ability to over come adversity and your testimony that though Christ you can do hard things. I think if you remember these things you will have success in all you set out to achieve and will be a beautiful young women.





32 Weeks
At this point, this baby is an active little one and I love it ( I know I keep saying this but it is true and one of the only things I know about her for sure so I'm sticking to it. She also gets the hiccups a ton.
My favorite activity at the moment is getting the nursery ready. I've even made some wall art in photo shop that I hung I there.
Something I don't miss about my pre- pregnancy life that surprises me is that at least now when I eat a larger meal I don't have to suck in my stomach to hide the evidence that I just ate to much. But that's about it. Life is changing and its exciting. There isn't reason to look back. That's why I waited so long to have a baby is so I wouldn't have any regrets and so far I couldn't be happier with my choice of timing.
During labor delivery (per my hypnobirthing terminology) I want so badly to be able to relax with my body through the pressure waves and work with my body and not against it.  I think it will help if I am able to finish all my hypnobirthing cd's and so that I can more fully understand and practice self hypnosis.
Baby, if your friends let you down someday, as people sometimes do, remember that people aren't perfect, they make mistakes and we need to try to forgive and move on. Also never forget that your parents and sibling will always be here for you. As well as your Heavenly Father. What you are feeling really alone read D&C 122 and remember that we can endure much with the help of The Lord. He will never leave us completely alone


                        


31 Weeks
What I'm packing for the birth includes -- wait, I should already be thinking about this? I still have several weeks!
What Mike did lately that saved the day was drive to the grocery store at 9:30 pm on Saturday night to pick up chicken for Sunday dinner since I had forgotten to do it that day. In return I made some killer tortilla like soup! So delicious.
My wardrobe is down to moccasins for shoes, maternity pants and over sized t-shirts.
For the baby this week, we bought... Nothing, nut I had my baby shower this Saturday (11/17/2013) and we got tons of cute baby clothes that il I've. He aunt Cynda and uncle Ben got her an awesome bouncer swing combo that I'm sure she'll love!
Baby, something I'd like to try to do for you is keep a good record of what your life was like when you were a child. Silly thing you said and did, favorite toys and games, funny anecdotes, those types of things. I wish I had a record of things like this for myself so I will try to do it for you rand your siblings.




                                               


Week 30
My family is pretty cute about this whole pregnancy thing. I can tell they are all getting excited for the baby to arrive.
Something I'm really learning about Mike through this pregnancy is he is very quick to do things for me when I ask but is not always so good about furring out what needs to be done without being asked. He's not a mind reader and I have to remember that so I just need to remember that if I ask he will help.
I am learning that I am the kind of person that can do anything when I out my mind to it (but I already kind of knew that, it's just been reinforced to me.
I want to be the kind of mother who is respected by her children while at the same time they know that if there is a problem they can always turn to me and I will give them loving, inspired council.
All this baby gear makes me nutty, where am I suppose to put it all and what is absolutely ESSENTIAL?
Baby, I will always treat you like you are a daughter of God who has been in trusted into my care for this short period of mortal life



29 Weeks

This baby kicks all the time, I hope she sleeps for me when she finally comes.
For me heartburn is ever present.
The pregnancy symptom challenging me the most right now is heartburn and sometimes finger swelling (especially overnight.)
After this baby comes I probably won't be able to go out to dinner alone with Mike as much so we are getting  it out of our system now. We are trying to try new places and scouting out which places are kid friendly. It's a fun weekend date night and it gives me a night off of cooking.
My plans for the first few months after birth include lots of cuddling/snuggling and loving on baby before I have to do student teaching. Oh and playing a lot of dress up :)
Baby, being our kid is going to be a wild ride. You have to remember that you are our first and you don't come with an instruction manual. So we are going to do the best we can and love you to death, but we may make mistakes, and so will you. So we will have to forgive each other of our imperfections  and love each other while we all do our best to get through this life ;)





28 Weeks

In the last trimester, it's feeling like this is actually going to happen.... Crazy.
We want a pediatrician who is... I haven't even though about a pediatrician yet, should I?
The baby names on our list are Eden McKell, but Mike likes McKell as a first name for maybe another baby girl. I think Eden needs a two syllable middle name, and I can't think of anything else (that has as much meaning. McKell is a mix of my maiden name and Michaels name, MCK(McKnight)ell(MichaEL) we also read it was the girl version of the bane Michael. So we'll see what happens.
This baby moves most after I have something sweet, maybe she is developing a sweet tooth like her mom. But she's pretty active all the time, not just after I eat sweets.
Baby, there is something you should know about your parents. We're already madly in love with you. We can't wait to start our family with you as our eldest. We know there is a reason Heavenly Father is sending your sweet spirit to our family first.





No comments:

Post a Comment