Wednesday, July 29, 2009

4 things

So a few things here today.

#1 The cat has been quite funny lately. She has been enjoying the frequent visits by random flys. Once she sees them, she immediately welcomes them into the home. After that, she follows them (or chases) all around the house trying to get them to respond to her. When that doesn't work, she decided to "talk" them to death. She "meows" and "bats" at them until thy meet their final resting place... in her belly... here is a small sample of what one of these said altercations look like.


#2 I went to babysit 2 saturday nights ago and the girls had found 2 baby birds. Well long story short, one bird died and the other was close to it. These poor girls lost it. They were crying and crying and it was so miserable. I really have never seen anyone so upset over these baby birds. But the sad thing was I didn't know what to say to them. The only thing I could think of was church stuff like, "lets say a prayer to make us feel better." or "you now maybe one day we'll get to see them again..." I dunno stuff like that, he things my parents told me when my small pets died. But they don't have any of that so I could share it with them. Just made me again grateful for the gospel.

#3 So I went home this weekend for my best friends, Sara's) wedding. Less than 24 hours before the wedding it was called off. After me and my other bff (the maid of honor, michelle) went and talked to her and shed a few tears with her, we knew she was doing the right thing. The whole point of this post is not "to feel sorry" for her (although I do,) BUT rather to admire her for her strength. She was soo amazing! She did one of the hardest things ever, and she was so calm, so confident and so strong. Watching her handle this situation made me respect and love her even more. I hope the next trial the Lord sends me I can handle half as well as she handled her. She is just amazing!

My 2 best friends since 8th grade (Michelle, Me and Sara)

#4 So this is the BIG weekend. The one I have been waiting for since FEB!! In just 4 short days we will board a plane bound for Orlando Fl. From there we will be taken, by way of the Magical Express, the the most magical place on earth, WALT DISNEY WORLD RESORT!!! AHHHHH. I'm sooooo excited. Its all I can think of. I've slowly ben packing a little at a time alll week. Tomorrow I will pack our back, Friday I will clean the house and Saturday, if I'm good ;) Mike will take me to NYC and we will Hopefully get tickets (from the TKTS booth) to Little Mermaid (since it closes Aug 30.) To get us ready for the trip. Then we will help clean the temple (to make up for missing the next 2 sundays that we will miss.. j/k, j/k! The at 4 am we will leave for the LGA!! I may not last that long though. Time seems to have stopped and is moving slower than ever. I even dream about it!! Oh well!! It'll be here soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment