Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Round one of the "In-Laws"

So this week marked the beginning of a very busy summer for us. My parents arrived after a long day of travel Thursday night. We of course took them the Lucky's Diner (and we played "Running Bear" as a tribute to Lindsey) Friday I was really looking forward to showing them how beautiful the area is. BUT it rained, and rained and it poured. So we ran some errands and just hung out at home. Saturday however, was beautiful! We went into the city and had sooo much fun. I was so proud of myself for successfully navigating us all the way downtown and back on the subway system (and yes, we saw people with masks on, so they wouldn't catch swine flu... kinda funny) Anyways our day included: Wall St, Ground Zero, Trinity Church, A carriage ride in Central Park, Trump Tower, St. Patrick's Cathedral, Rockafeller Plaza, The NBC experience tour, Top of the Rock, Time Square, NOT getting picked at the lottery for Wicked tickets and last but not least a wonderful dinner at our Mexican restaurant of choice Mama Mexico. Unfortunately, they had to leave early on Sunday. The upside to that was Mike and I did have the whole afternoon to relax and nap. Then of course our CT family came over to play games and hang out. It was a great weekend!


The Bull, we're hoping for his return to the markets
Its getting personal...
Carriage Ride
Mom and Dad!
Lovers
Kissy, Kissy
Giving Shaggy the Horse his tip.
Chillin' in Times Square (now they have chairs in the street for people to hang out on.)
McMama an McPapa
2009 Ball
Dinner at Mama Mexico
Happy Customers!

3 comments:

  1. Yay for cute parents! Double YAY for cute yellow shirt, as soon as I have the finances, I believe a girls shopping day is in order!

    Thanks for playing Running Bear for them...the more lives that can be blessed by its goodness the better : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay totally agree with Lindsey on the adorable parents and adorable outfit comments. I was totally going to say that! And, also, as soon as I have the finances and am in the area, I second the girl's shopping day motion!

    Your parents are SO cute! I can see where you get your gorgeous looks from ;-) Also, I love that in that caption on the photo you called them "McMama and McPapa" that made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok so you guys are such a cute couple!!!! I loved all the pictures!! :) loved the bull one with Mike's head up the Bull's *&% haha.

    tina

    ReplyDelete